I love a good bean salad and this one, IMHO, is the best there is!
This recipe came from my friend Amanda. Every time she made it, I couldn't stop eating it, so I got her recipe and today I share it with you. It's a great, simple side dish to bring to a BBQ or party, and it's also ideal to make on a Sunday night so you have a healthy snack, or side to eat for weekday lunches and dinners.
- 1 15oz. can of cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15 oz. can of red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 celery stocks, chopped into fine pieces
- 1/2 onion (red or white), chopped finely
- 1 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar (I use a little extra, because I love vinegar)
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Whisk vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil, in a small bowl to blend.
- Add the dressing into a separate bowl of the beans, onion, celery, parsley and toss to blend
- Refrigerate for a few hours. Overnight is better, as the flavors all combine.