Friday, April 26, 2013

An Evening at Vizcaya Restaurante

The other night I had the chance to dine as a guest at Vizacaya Restaurante's Friends and Family event. This Carrolwood restaurant is known for their tapas and cuisine rooted in the methods of traditional Spanish cooking.
I had never been there before and I was truly impressed. Their bar area was recently renovated and it was beautiful. I loved the chandeliers and in the background, that bull is composed of silverware - lots of forks, knifes and spoons make the toro's head. After admiring the decor and enjoying a crisp a glass of cava, it was time to sample some things off of their menu.
Bacon-wrapped shrimp with arugula, goat cheese and sliced almonds.
This pulpo was tender and delicious and served on pureed cauliflower. I absolutely loved this dish!
This photo does not do this dish justice. I love squid ink pasta so I was excited to try this. It's squid ink paella with calamari. Chef Felix served it to us from this enormous cast iron skillet. While this paella doesn't have the vibrant red and yellow colors of the traditional variety, it has all the flavor you could ever wish for.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the great live music...
...and the extensive list of Spanish reds and white wines. This was a lovely evening and I thank Vizcaya for hosting me as their guest. For me, this place was a hiden gem and I know I will be returning, sooner than later. 

Vizcaya Restaurante & Tapas Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, Leslie told me about this meal. I cannot wait to try Vizcaya!

    ReplyDelete