It is once again Wine Wednesday! #WW Today we raise a glass full of Earthquake Cabernet Sauvignon by Michael-David Winery. This is technically a blend, a Cabernet Sauvignon with a bit of Petite Sirah in the mix. And it packs a punch, so get ready. This is a "huge cab" in every sense of the word.
All wines under the Earthquake label are Michael David’s reserve level wines. These wines posses major flavor and only a limited production is offered each year.
Made from select lots, the Earthquake wines have great depth, intensity, and tannin structure. In other words, they over-deliver in every way. If your'e wondering if I made the recipe on the cookbook page to pair with this, the answer is no. But I did, in fact, cook!
Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Served with Quinoa, Tomato-Caper Relish and Mushrooms (Serves 4)
To make the chicken/mushrooms:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic and 2 tbsp. brown sugar in a small bowl
- Coat this mixture over 4 chicken breasts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins.
- While the chicken is baking:
- Cook 1 cup of whatever type of quinoa you like, according to package directions.
- In the last 5 minutes the chicken is baking, sautee a cup of mushrooms in a pan and finish with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 tbsp. capers, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1tsp. sugar in a small bowl.
- Microwave for one minute. (Yep, I said microwave.)
Of course, this is just a pairing suggestion, you can enjoy Earthquake cab with any meal you choose -- just be sure to pair it with a dish that can handle this intense wine. Cheers, and happy Wine Wednesday! #WW