Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wine Wednesday: Zonin Prosecco


 I picked a new favorite from the sparkling category this week for Wine Wednesday #WW,
Zonin Prosecco, an Italian sparkling wine.




I think this is one of the best ones to have around the house for the holidays.  It's part of the Italian culture to toast to the little moments in life with a glass of prosecco. (One of the myriad reasons why I like Italian culture!)

But Prosecco doesn't have to be enjoyed with only Italian cuisine, of course.


Recently I served Zonin Prosecco with my ginger shrimp lettuce wraps. (This one pictured is "deconstructed.")


The fresh, fruity, taste of the prosecco played nicely off the ginger and the spiciness of the sriracha garnish. I love this dish and I think I might make it again for New Year's Eve.

This is a dry prosecco has an affordable price point (usually under $15 and it can be found in almost any wine or grocery store) so it is perfect for bringing to parties.




I am always happy to find some sparkling presents under the tree!

Happy holiday season! Which foods do YOU like to pair with prosecco or other sparkling wines? Leave me your thoughts in the comments.


1 comment:

  1. Funny that you mention this prosecco - I JUST had a bottle of it with Justin last night! Good choice ;)

    ReplyDelete