Monday, December 17, 2012

Tuesday Toast: Domaine Carneros Brut Cuvee


Wine Wednesday #WW  is great, but around the holidays I find there are too many things to toast to to limit wine reviews to Wednesdays only. So, here's my first round of Tuesday's Toast. #TT Think I can get this trending? (ha.) So today for Tuesday's Toast I am highlighting the Brut Cuvee from Domaine Carneros by Taittinger. 


Some fun facts on this sparkling wine:
  • To earn its distinction as a vintage dated sparkling wine, it's aged three years before release. This adds depth and "complexity."
  • It's composed of 57% Pinot Noir and 43% Chardonnay.
  • It has aromas of creme brulee, melon, citrus zest and flavors of pear and apple.

I'm headed to Napa Valley in mid-January and Domaine Carneros will literally be my first stop, coming from the airport in San Fran. The winery is situated toward the start of the Napa Valley wine trail so it makes perfect sense to kick off the trip with their sparkling wines, of which I have recently grown quite fond!



I've been doing my my reconnaissance work prior to my visit...The Domaine Carneros estate sits on vineyards of organic grapes and they practice their wine harvest using green methods.


To me, this place looks like heaven on earth and I can't wait to visit. But in the meantime, I will enjoy a bottle here in Tampa for the holidays. Cheers! #TT

Photos from DomaineCarneros.com

1 comment:

  1. Yummm - this sounds like a great one to me! And I'm jealous that you're heading to Napa...soooo jealous, but can't wait to hear all about the places you visit...

    ReplyDelete