Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wine Wednesday: The Prisoner


If you love reds, you may have recently heard of, or tried The Prisoner. The Prisoner is a Napa Valley red wine that seems to be all the rage right now with red wine lovers.



The breakdown: 51% Red zin, 19% Cabernet, 18% Syrah, 7% Petite Syrah,  3% Charbono, 1% Malbec, 1% Grenache.  It has black cherry, fig and currant flavor and lingers on the palate.

The owner of my local wine shop told me that the winemaker, David Phinney, is described by some as a Napa Valley rock star.  I'm not sure why but I like the sound of that.  Apparently the method he developed for making The Prisoner is a much lengthier process than other vineyards would use for a red blend like this.


The Prisoner is definitely a trendy wine right now, and it's fair to say I am caught up in the hype. It's nearly $40 a bottle which is out of the range I'd pay or an everyday wine, but for a special occasion or a gift, this wine is ideal. Cheers! #WW

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really yummy! Thanks for introducing me to this one!

    ReplyDelete