Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wine Wednesday: flipflop Bubbles for Holiday Sparkle

New discovery today for Wine Wednesday! I have been a fan of flipflop wines for quite some time now. They have some great tasting wines at price points which make them ideal for entertaining groups of friends and family.

Recently they introduced a line of sparkling wines called flipflop Bubbly. I discovered them just in time for the holiday season, and there are three different varietals.  Moscato has been getting all sorts of wineaux attention these days, so that's why this particular one is my pick for #WW (Wine Wednesday.)



The web site tasting notes tell me that  it as a "light-bodied, sweet bubbly Moscato bursting with juicy peaches and ripe pears with a soft, lingering finish."  Sounds delicious, right?




I have not yet tried it yet, as I am saving this bottle for Thanksgiving morning, when I am throwing a brunch for my girl friends in the neighborhood.  Prior to having dinner with our families, this has become an annual tradition for us neighbor girls. The guys play a spirited game of flag football, and we enjoy some spirits of our own, along with a spread of pumpkin muffins, scones, cinnamon rolls and the like.   I''ll also be serving flipflop Bubbly Pinot Grigio and Bubbly Chardonnay. Stay tuned for a full review of those after Turkey Day!

One other great reason to stock up on flipflop before the holidays is that they support a great charity called Soles4Souls. 


A portion of the proceeds from the sale of every bottle of flipflip goes to support this organizatoon, which provides shoes to children in need. Happy #WW!

No comments:

Post a Comment