Thursday, November 1, 2012

Boca Kitchen Bar & Market

Recently I had dinner at Boca Hyde Park (Kitchen Bar Market) and was impressed with the way they’ve incorporated sustainable ingredients rom local growers throughout their menu, from cocktails to desserts.







For an appetizer, my friend Megan and I shared the Mason Jar Spreads and Breads. There was a dolce bleu cheese and walnut spread, a chorizo and citrus hummus and an arugula pesto.  The spreads were good and the highlight, by far, was the hummus. It had an amazingly bright flavor.

The "blue and walnut" spread looked to me like black bean hummus and it tasted that way, too. There was not much that was "blue cheese" about it.


I had the Nor Cal Flatbread with pulled chicken, artichoke, spinach, goat cheese, and pomegranate syrup. It was really tasty and SO big that it’s good for sharing; I would recommend it as an appetizer for four or five people.


Oh! I almost forgot to share my beverage of choice that evening: the  Hot House Collins Any drink containing jalapenos will always get my vote. At $10, (yikes!) it’s a little pricey for a restaurant cocktail... but I saw they have a happy hour with $3 cocktails from 11a.m.-6p.m. daily.

The farm-to-table restaurant concept is a favorite of mine. Local produce always tastes altogether better, and I love the idea of supporting local businesses and farms.  Next time I visit I want to try the Napa and Salinas flatbread (with prosciutto and fig). (Am I the only one that plans their next order immediately after visiting a restaurant?)

Have you been to Boca yet? What did you think? Leave a comment to tell me your review.

1 comment:

  1. Yummm great night :) Those peppers got me on the next visit though.

    ReplyDelete