Squid Ink Pasta and Shrimp Scampi with ArtichokesIngredients:
- 1/2 lb squid ink spaghetti
- 1/2 lb shrimp (raw and de-veined)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1/2 cup artichoke quarter -- from the jar, marinated in olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- Handful of chopped fresh parsely
- shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Boil noodles (with plenty of salt in the water!) until al dente - about 4 minutes or so, but it depends on the thickness of your noodle. Keep testing as you boil.
- Strain noodles and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter and add olive oil
- Add shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until pink.
- Add garlic and turn down heat, stirring around the pan for a minute so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add capers, lemon juice, red pepper flakes artichokes, chicken broth and pasta, turn up the heat to medium and stir to coat pasta.
- Turn off heat and stir in parsley.
- Serve and garnish with shaved Parmesan. Serve with a glass of chilled white wine.
A wine pairing suggestion for this dish would be Coppola Bianco Pinot Grigio.
It's a crisp, refreshing white wine that's appropriate for just about any occasion and pairs really well with seafood. And you can usually find it for $12.99 (or less) in the grocery store.