It's no secret that I love Savannah Bee honey products. Recently I sampled their flute of Wildflower Honey. Aside from the rich, sweet flavor, I love the fact that this honey comes corked and looks almost like a little wine bottle.With this as a main ingredient, here's a recipe I like to call Wildflower Honey Chicken. It's an easy weeknight dish you can make in your slow cooker.
Other than the honey, this dish features Asian ingredients, sweet, tangy, spicy delight.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Savannah Bee Wildflower Honey
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp water
- 1tsbp onion powder
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup water
- black pepper
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and season with pepper.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic, 1 tbsp water, onion powder and sriracha. Pour over the chicken and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Turn down the heat to warm and split up the chicken into small bits using two forks.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Suggested sides would be steamed broccoli or a chilled cucumber salad.